How to Find Organic Ramen Noodles
If you’re looking for a quick, filling meal, it’s tough to do better than a bowl of ramen noodles. But when you think of ramen noodles, you probably think of it as junk food. Sure, you probably enjoy a bag of Doritos or some cheesy puffs now and then. But you also probably limit your intake for health reasons.
Did you know that ramen noodles don’t have to be unhealthy? In fact, you can choose organic ramen that’s made with the same simple ingredients you use in your own home.
But where do you find organic ramen noodles… and ones that are steamed, not fried, for that matter? Look no further! Mike’s Mighty Good noodles are 100% organic, so they’ll fit right into your healthy diet. Let’s talk about where you can find them, and what sets them apart from the competition.
Where Can I Buy Organic Ramen?
You won’t find organic ramen in most big chain stores. But there’s a good chance that Mike’s Mighty Good ramen is available in a store near you. Use our handy search tool to find a retailer in your area.
But it’s the 2020s! Who needs to go to the store to buy ramen? You can order Mike’s Mighty Good online, directly from our website! In a few days, it will be outside your door. Imagine that; delicious, organic ramen shipped directly to your house.
What Makes Mike’s Mighty Good Special?
Mike’s Mighty Good’s noodles are 100% organic, but the ingredients are also simple. There are no unnecessary ingredients like whey protein, which you’ll find in many of the leading brands. Our noodles aren’t made using weird ingredients - we instead just use flour, salt, and water - that’s it.
Finally, a lot of big ramen brands use a preservative called tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ). This is an effective preservative, and it’s worth noting that it’s FDA-approved for use in small quantities. That said, many people have health concerns about it, and it might be something you want to avoid. Our noodles contain zero TBHQ, just organic, natural ingredients.
Delicious Steamed Noodles
When you tally up the list of ingredients in your noodles, you probably don’t expect a ton of oil. Carbs? Obviously. Starch? Hopefully, or the noodles will lose their consistency! But oil? Why would there be oil in your noodles?
You’ll find the answer in the production process.
Big commercial manufacturers use a flash-frying process to prepare their noodles. The raw noodles are immersed in boiling oil for a few seconds before being dried out and packaged. It’s incredibly efficient, and it makes the noodles cheaper and easier to produce.
Unfortunately, it also has a negative impact on your ramen.
To begin with, oil ruins the noodles’ texture. They can taste soggy, almost like egg noodles. Traditional noodles are steamed, which gives them a chewier, bouncier texture.
For another thing, the oil doesn’t all come out during the drying process. A lot of it remains in the noodles, and changes the flavor of your broth. Yuck!
Mike’s Mighty Good ramen noodles are steamed, just like the ones you find in a ramen bar. This means no palm oil, no off flavors, and the perfect, springy texture you expect from a good quality noodle.
Less Salt Than the Competition
Salt is organic in the sense that it’s not farmed with artificial pesticides. It’s not farmed at all; it’s a mineral. But that doesn’t mean it’s good for your health. A certain amount of sodium is essential for your nervous system. Anything more than that is too much.
But health concerns aside, too much salt is a sign that there’s something else going on with your ramen. Commercial brands load up their noodles with salt, in the hopes that you won’t notice that there’s barely anything else in the flavor packet. You get a big rush of salt, and that’s about it. It’s a far cry from the textured flavor you expect in a good meal.
Mike’s Mighty Good noodles contain roughly 40% less sodium than the leading ramen brands. Instead, we invest in a complex blend of seasonings to compliment each type of ramen. Instead of overpowering your taste buds with salt, we think you deserve a more grown up flavor with a variety of layers.
How to Make Organic Ramen Even Better
At the end of the day, noodles and broth are just noodles and broth. If you want a full meal, you’ll want to add some other ingredients! Here are some ways to improve your next bowl of ramen:
- Toss in some protein – Our bodies have three main sources of energy: carbs, protein, and fat. You can live without carbs or fat, but your body literally needs protein to survive. So toss an egg into your ramen bowl! It’s a staple of many classic ramen recipes. You can also add pork, chicken, beef, or shrimp. And if you’re vegan, tofu goes great in a bowl of noodles!
- Add plenty of vegetables – A meal isn’t complete without some vegetables. Add some bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, or brussels sprouts to your bowl. In fact, just about any vegetable in your fridge will go well with the right ramen packet. The more veggies you add, the more vitamins and fiber you’ll be getting. You’ll also get loads of different flavors and textures.
- Avoid the urge to add salt – It’s natural to want to season your meals, and we encourage it! There are only so many flavor packets we can make, and you can come up with all kinds of new combinations on your own. But whatever you do, don’t add more salt to your ramen. Even Mike’s Mighty Good has more than enough for a full meal.
- Read the ingredients – Before you buy a pack of ramen, scan the ingredients list. If you see anything suspect – or if there’s a ton of salt – move along to another brand. Or just order from Mike’s Mighty Good! That way, you know all of your ingredients are organic.
Benefits of Organic Ramen
Before we wrap up, let’s recap why organic ramen is better ramen, and why Mike’s Mighty Good is the best:
- It’s better for the planet – If you want to reduce your impact on the environment, eating organic food is a no-brainer. If you can get organic ramen, so much the better!
- It tastes better – When you load up your noodles with all kinds of salt and preservatives, it takes away from their quality. Mike’s Mighty Good understands that the best flavors have a nuanced, layered profile. Once you’ve used a high-quality flavor pack, you’ll never go back.
- The noodles have a better texture – Along the same lines, why in the world would you want oil in your noodles? Steamed noodles are so much better, and they’re just as easy to prepare at home.
- There’s less sodium – American diets are notoriously heavy on salt. You owe it to your body to give yourself a break. Mike’s Mighty Good uses roughly 40% less salt than the big brands.
So, what are you waiting for? Order some Mike’s Mighty Good noodles today, and take a ride on the road to flavor! While you’re at it, invest in some other good ingredients so you can craft a complete recipe. That way, you’ll get the most out of your organic ramen noodles.
Check out our recipe page for ramen inspiration.