California Privacy Notice
Last Updated Date: [July 1, 2020]
California Privacy Notice
California law defines “personal information” broadly as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. This Notice also uses that definition for personal information.
In addition, we may offer certain discounts or rewards in connection with promotions we may offer from time to time in exchange for our use of your personal information that you provide. Where we offer discounts or rewards in this manner, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information for this purpose.
- Device and browsing information and other Internet activity information
- Your CCPA Rights. Subject to certain exceptions, the CCPA affords California residents (referred to as “consumers” under the CCPA) the following rights:
- Request to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you any or all of the following, as requested by you:
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information about you.
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
- Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete, as applicable) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Request to Opt-Out of the “Sale” of Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information.
- No Discrimination. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
- How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
- Submitting a Request to Know. You may submit a Request to Know by emailing us at email@example.com or by completing our web form.
- You may submit a Request to Delete by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing our web form. In connection with any personal information we may collect through cookies, for your deletion request to be effective, you must also delete cookies using each device and browser you use in connection with our Sites. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You may submit a Request to Opt-Out by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by using this interactive webform: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Please note that in connection with the “sale” of personal information that may occur through our use of third-party cookies, for your opt-out request to be effective, you must also adjust your cookie settings using each device and browser you use in connection with our sites. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Verification Methods. Once you submit a request, we will verify that you are the consumer to which the request pertains by matching the identifying information provided by you (e.g., name, email address, account-related information) to the information we maintain. Depending on the type of request you submit, we will attempt to match either two or three of the data points you provided. If we are unable to verify your request with the data points you provided, we may reach out to you for additional information to verify your request.
You can select an “authorized agent” to submit requests on your behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority. We may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us. Once your authorized agent is verified, they may submit a request in the typical way described above.
- California “Shine the Light” Disclosure. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties to market their own products or services.
- California “Do Not Track” Disclosure. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our Sites, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- Alternate Format of CCPA Notice. If you have a disability that prevents or limits your ability to access this CCPA Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to provide this Notice in an alternative format.
- Contact for More Information. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Updates to This Notice. We may make changes to this Notice, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by posting the updated Notice on our website, and we will update the Last Updated Date at the top of this Notice.